Saturday, December 27, 2014

Patting the Head and Rubbing the Belly

Remember the coordination trick of patting the head and rubbing the belly at the same time?

Stephanie Quirk told me this analogy while practicing Medical. Such an ah-ha moment!!!

Here are a few I have been noticing:

I lift my dorsal, my neck caves in

I turn my head, the other shoulder sticks out and hardens

Clenching the hands tightens the neck

I lift my chest, the sternum sinks

I take my left leg into Supta Padangusthasana II and the right hip tightens and does not let the left leg relax down.

These separate actions of separate body parts are starting to click in the mind. My body has not been able to distinguish one area from the other due to stiffness and compensation. One area has latched on to try to help or hinder another area. So now, I am separating these body parts and learning how to create individual and paired actions that are conducive to balance function and space.

Almost like a watch, how all the parts move in various directions to create the entire mechanism.





No comments:

Post a Comment