Friday, December 5, 2014

Geeta's Intensive Day 5-A Skeleton Vision

Day 5, the building blocks are penetrating. We started doing twists, my favorite! Parivrtta standing poses that included an in-depth Parivrtta Parsvakonasana. I cannot wait to teach this when I get home! Weight in the back leg, straight leg hip in, hips back, bottom chest extends! Do not compress the chest/abdomen or the heart gets compressed.

Geeta has been working our Sirsasanas with one straight leg up at a time which helps take the dorsal in. I have a theory about if students bend the knees to come into Sirsasana in the middle of the room, the dorsal goes out, then it is hard to balance which is why I think Geeta is having us come up with one leg at a time. Today's Sirsasana was unlike any other, I felt my spine actually extending upwards making space between the vertebrae. I could actually feel my shoulders lift, then my body lift up out of the shoulders. So content.

In Swastikasana, we are elevating the sternum and imagined a door in the sternum opening to the breath. Geeta uses many wonderful analogies. She talked about how we must have awareness and be open for new ideas. Just as married couples fight after a while, they stop paying attention to their own individuality. We must keep our awareness and journey towards the Soul.

Today, while sitting in Swastikasana at the end of class, I had a vision. It looked like an x-ray of my right shoulder where I have pain and migraines. I saw the bones and pulled the socket of the shoulder joint outwards to create space. I am hoping this is a signal of healing, that area has been stuck and completely in blackness. I saw the bones through scanning, a first step.

During Pranayama, I learned that if you are cold, you do long inhalations. With heat in the body (neurological issues, menopause), do long exhalations.

Lois and I took notes together after class. What a blessing it is to be here with her! So far, I am learning tons of cooking, cleaning, and showering tips. We have a cat named Ginger that lives with us.


1 comment:

  1. Love reading your descriptions of classes, and soaking up the energy and inspiration from afar!

    ReplyDelete