Saturday, December 27, 2014

Diagnosis, finally

Well, it's been a month here and I am finally starting to settling into a routine. Now the focus is on Medical Yoga. Stephanie Quirk has decided to work with me and we are targeting my compressed spinal cord in the neck. We have had to do a bit of experimenting; some poses work, others make me very dizzy. So we are learning which positions compress the spinal cord and which poses make space. After 7 classes, we are really in a good groove and building towards more opening in the dorsal, neck, and hip sockets.

Stephanie has lived in Pune for about 16 years and she is extremely talented. She wants me to work with her instead of Lois so I receive fresh teachings. Linda and George are also working with me and we have a great time together laughing and learning from each other.

Dr. Naik, who is Lois's doctor has diagnosed me with Anklosing Spondylitis. I had a MRI of the entire spine, sacrum, and right shoulder for $300, what a deal! And, Dr. Naik did not even charge me to see him! This condition is usually debilitating because the spinal bones start to fuse together and press on the spinal cord. Since I have been doing Yoga for 15 years, I am able to function very well. If I had not been practicing, I would have trouble even walking. This is a motivator to keep up a long and strong daily practice. Very thankful for my body telling me all these years what it needed. Through Yoga, I have learned how to heal myself step by step while listening to the body's intuition. Many thanks to Lois who has guided me to learn therapy skills.

So far, 11 days without Migraine medication!!!! This is amazing! I have not been able to make it past a week in a long time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment