Wednesday, June 27, 2012

india first class

everyone has the glimmer ofhope they will someday be bumped to 1st class.that was me, always trying to beg my way with never any luck. my chances to get bumped up on ahjn international flight i knew was hopeless, was i wrong.  i felt glad to sit next to a dentist who lives in mumbai, he told me places to go, even offered a ride to my hotel so i didnt need to take a cab, we talked for about 30 minutes, he put a blanket over his lap.....i was reading..noticed he started straight up masterbating. not appropriate for such close quarters. i just hoped he would stop, nope. iwas stuck in the window seat. finally couldnt take it anymore and asked him to get up, he was frazzled trying to cover himself. i got help and they bumped me up to first class, full bed seats for 8 hours. the flight crew spoiled me rotten. no charges since it was my word vs his, creepy, definately shook me up.
getting into mumbai late at night, found a cab...scariest drive ever! tiny tin can cabs no seatbelts no road rules. no english.....just get me to my hotel. went in hotel, no english dark back room office...scray. then i swa my name in the book and knew i was ok.



woke up went to the gateway to india! travelers sunshine hot. i wanted to go to elephanta island, waves to big people yesterday were stuck there till midnight. then an english speaking local snaged me and offered me a car tour, i took him up on it..figured he needed work. in a movie phil and i watched said india is like a wave and not to fight it, so i went  in a tiny cab with the driver and mr. mike tour guide. we ate food, ginger veggie balls wih oily sauce,so far so good. went to gandi's house museum cool! had to stop and buy a shawl forgot mine to wear to go in temple. the shop owner was mad sine i walked out of the store 3 times not wanting to pay so much since i had one at hotel, good bargaining on my park. went to hanging gardens park, all was good but just being in a cab here is a ride in itself! bought some young kids (about 5 and6) a big bag of rice,they wanted more more more, i can put my teacher voice on and told them to be thankful for the rice.lots of beggars.they mostly ask for food. oh yeah, the temple had a god that was for vegetarians...or something. i said a prayer for my friend jennifer to find a teaching job. the cst train station is amazing!, beautiful building.tomorow i hope to take the train to pune....stay tuned,need lots of rest, india is quite the zing on the senses.love,kelly forgive the miss spellings and slang, im on a template....lucky to have internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment