Wednesday, April 2, 2014

True Migraine Help through Iyengar Yoga Therapy with Lois Steinberg

As I am on year 6 of chronic migraines, I realize more and more the natural healing effects of Iyengar Yoga Therapy. 

Click here to see a short video of Lois Steinberg working with me to help my migraine.

I have seen many doctors (as you can read in my previous blogs) with no answers or natural forms of help. I recently went to a new doctor while trying to avoid the ER because I was having so much eye trouble that I was seeing patches of light in everything and my vision was blurring. It felt like a hammer had smashed my face into pieces. This doctor basically told me there is nothing to be done. The only answer was a prescription super strong narcotics. 

Through 6 excruciating days, I got on my mat. My partner Phil helped position my body in Iyengar Yoga Therapy poses that I learned in Pune at RIMYI and with Lois Steinberg. 

I did not go to the ER and I did not take the narcotics. 

I made it through all of that pain because I was looking forward to my practice with Lois the next week, I had made a commitment to my Yoga students to have class, and I wanted my body to get circulation and not melt into the pain becoming weaker. I am able to teach with migraines because I can keep myself calm and feel soothed during classes, unlike any other job I have tried to have with this condition.

Even though I could not practice standing or invigorating postures, I was able to rest and relax my muscles so the pain would have space to dissolve in. Once a person with migraines starts to get upset, panic and cry, everything tightens and the pain just gets worse, then it starts to spin out of control.

So I tread on through this path, not giving up to find a cure. Yoga continues to keep me afloat during these times when I feel like I'm drowning in pain. I hope more people will learn about this natural way of pain relief and of healing emotionally, physically, and spiritually. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post.. Thanks for sharing informative information about Migraine.
    Migraine Treatment in Pune

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga therapy is considered as the best therapy Best Yoga Therapy to have a permanent cure. There are many organizations that are providing Best Yoga Therapy and we are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this post can be a useful one for everyone who are suffering a lot with these type of headaches as me. CBD & ADHD

    ReplyDelete